San Pedro - Uyuni – San Pedro
4 day tour to the Salar de Uyuni, starting and ending in San Pedro de Atacama. Includes transportation, basic accommodation and food. Ideal for backpackers.
- Pick up at hotel or hostel in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Shared transportation (minibus in Chile and 4WD for 6 people in Bolivia).
- Spanish guide and driver.
- Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- 1st night in Refugio Huayllajara, in a shared room of maximum 6 people, with shared bathroom (no showers).
- 2nd night in Hostal de Sal San Juan de Rosario, in a double, triple or quadruple room (depending on availability), with shared bathroom (shower with hot water).
- 3rd night in Hostal Villa Mar, in a double, triple or quadruple room, depending on availability) with shared bathroom (shower with cold wáter. For hot water, you must pay an extra 10 B$ per person).
Does not Include
- Entrance to the Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (150 B$ per person).
- Entrance to Termas de Polques ( 6 B$ per person).
- Entrance to Incahuasi Island (30 B$ per person).
- Access to washrooms on the way (approximately 6 B$ each access).
- Rubber boots (required in case of rain, rent for 20 B$ per person).
- Border tax leaving Bolivia (15 B$ per person).
- Health insurance.
- Minimum age passengers: 7 years old.
- Not recommended for people with hypertension, heart failure, asthma or similar. The tour will take you up to 4,000 meters high, reaching up to 4,900 meters.
- Passengers over 70 years old must present a medical certificate authorizing them to travel over 4,000 m altitude.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Starts: Day 1 at 7:30 am at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Ends: Day 4 at 12:30 pm at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
At 07:30 departure in a minibus from San Pedro de Atacama to the border of Bolivia, passing through Chile and Bolivia immigration (Hito Cajón). Once at the border, we change to a 4WD vehicle for 6 people. During this first day, we visit places in the Bolivian highlands (such as Laguna Blanca and Laguna Verde Reserves, located at the foot of the Licancabur Volcano.) We continue visiting the Dalí Desert, the Termas de Polques (bath time) and the Geysers del Sol de Mañana, intermittent springs of water that sprout at a temperature of 90 ° C. The day ends at Laguna Colorada, the nesting center for more than 30,000 flamingos. Stay at Refugio Huayllajara.
At 8:00 am departure to the Siloli Desert, where you will find the Árbol de Piedra (Stone Tree), a volcanic rock shaped like a tree. Later, we visit the Chiarcota, Honda, Hedionda and Cañapa Lagoons, continuing through the Salar de Chiguana and the town of San Juan del Rosario. Lodging in Hostal de Sal San Juan de Rosario.
At 8:00 am departure to observe the sunrise at the Salar de Uyuni. We visit the Incahuasi Island, a calcareous rock formation located in the center of the salar. Then continue to the Ojos del Salar, the Salt Museum, the town of Colchani and the Train Cemetery. Arrival at 2 pm in the city of Uyuni, where we will rest 2 hours (free time), to later leave for the high plateau town of Villa Mar, where we will arrive around 6 pm to stay at Hostal Villa Mar.
At 4:30 am departure from Villa Mar to the border of Bolivia, in a 4 hour trip. Once at the border, we change from vehicle to a minibus to return to San Pedro de Atacama at around 12:30 pm.
Important: In case of high plateau winter rains (January to March), the itinerary is subject to changes, regarding the order of the places to visit and / or the included accommodations (always maintaining the level and conditions).